Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

TAMMI TERRELL - WHAT A GOOD MAN HE IS

Despite its release on Motown (and Tammi herself being part of THE greatest male-female duo of all time with Marvin), this record is HARD to find; in fact, it took me nearly a decade of patience to get my copy! This was a record that I wanted SO BADLY because it's SO GOOD that impatience was starting to get the best of me; arriving almost in gift form a copy made it my way shortly after my birthday last month (woo hoo).

The reality behind the scarceness though is one of the saddest tragedies of '60's soul. In October of 1967 (the same month this record was released) Tammi Terrell collapsed onstage (into Marvin gaye's arms) and was diagnosed with a brain tumor which ended her too short life in 1970, at age 24. While I can't say for sure, I think Motown pulled out the promotion from this record (and possibly withdrew it from sale), as Tammi was too ill to promote it. Thankfully, Tammi left behind a legacy of music that will be enjoyed for as long as people have hearts; it is the music that will constantly inspire, move, and make our lives better every day.

from 1967...

TAMMI TERRELL - WHAT A GOOD MAN HE IS

No comments: