Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

JEAN WELLS - WHAT HAVE I GOT TO LOSE


After three years of postings and over 1000 records featured, I can admit that occasionally I lose track of what I HAVE featured and what's still sitting in the archives waiting to be featured. I thought for sure that I had posted this Jean Wells killer a few years ago, but at the prompting of a request from a list member, I did a quick search of the blog archives and saw that I didn't.

If you're not grabbed by the amazing hook on the intro with its funky horns and bubbling bass, the raw, direct sound of Jean's voice is gonna win you over. If it doesn't, I'm afraid that you've simply found the wrong website by mistake!

from 1968...

3 comments:

strandwolf said...

I'm listening to her sing "If You've Ever Loved Someone" courtesy of a click on my desktop. That is some heartfelt 'deep soul'.

ana-b said...

I thought it was over a thousand...that's what I show in my itunes. Could be I have them all. Seriously.

ana...

Unknown said...

Yep, I got the right website alright. Great side. Thank you!