Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, July 9, 2010

KNIGHT BROS - LOVE (CAN'T YOU HEAR ME)


No surprise that these two fellas got their start singing in church (nd they are not blood brothers; their names are Richard Dunbar and Jimmy Diggs). The group was formed in Washington DC as a spinoff to their teenage doo wop group the Starfires.

Directed by the great Bert Berns, this jaw-droppingly great song is beyond ANYTHING I could write a description for.

from 1963...

KNIGHT BROS - LOVE (CAN'T YOU HEAR ME)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great record. Didn't know Bert Berns did anything with Chess. I wonder if it was recorded in New York then? W.

brianbrora said...

Nice!

Gail said...

Top sound Derek! Got an airing on June's Work Your Soul - http://www.mixcloud.com/workyoursoul/work-your-soul/
Also love "I'm Never Gonna Live It Down - their ultimate deep soul masterpiece. KTF Gail

Unknown said...

Ah, local talent. Great tune. I love it. Thank you!

Richie1250 said...

Hey Derek, any idea if these copies like the one in the picture with the dodgy smudged black and white printing are bootlegs or original promo copies? I got the same one and thought it was probably a boot cause of the crappy print job but quite a lot of the images I see on the web have the same crappy print job! It sure sounds real boss either way...

Derek See said...

Richie, I know mine is genuine as it is pressed on styrene and has the proper matrix number. Have other wlp's on Checker that look the same. I've never seen a repro of this one, but there could be one out there..

waarschuwing said...

Outright gorgeous. I'm on my knees after listening to it 5 times in a row.