Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

THE EMPERORS - YOU GOT ME WHERE YOU WANT ME b/w MY BABY LIKES TO BOOGALOO


Hailing from Harrisburg, PA, the Emperors released a scant four singles during '66-'67 (one of the first records featured on this blog was their debut single, 'Karate").

Admittedly, I had practically forgotten about this great double sider until it (fortunately!) came up on random itunes play while I was on an airplane.

Both sides have a fantastic, raw sound and feel- although their version of "My Baby Likes To Boogaloo" is far more restrained than Don Gardner's original version (itself a past 45 of the day, and honestly, record's simply don't get rawer than Gardner's!).

from 1966...

THE EMPERORS - YOU GOT ME WHERE YOU WANT ME

4 comments:

ana-b said...

Thanks a bunch. I've been looking for the 45, but didn't even have an MP3. You really can't go wrong with "My Baby Likes To Boogaloo", no matter who does it.

ana..

Funky16Corners said...

The Emperors really had their own sound. Their other 45s are excellent. Too bad they couldn't capitalize on the success of 'Karate'.

Unknown said...

Great record. I love the opening of "My Baby Likes to Boogaloo" and the rest of it as well. Thank you!

Hunter said...

These sound a lot wilder than I think my reissue LP does. I might have to go check on that.