Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, September 4, 2009

THE FABULOUS PEPS - WITH THESE EYES


This Detroit group was known for an incredibly dynamic, energetic live show. Easy to believe, when listening to this record; I could just picture the dance steps and stage presence and wish I could go back in time to witness a performance. Another classic from the motor city!

from 1967...

THE FABULOUS PEPS - WITH THESE EYES

4 comments:

phil daniels said...

monster this is. i got a version on the wheelsville label. well worth the cash.

Anonymous said...

How can I get a copy

plasticsun said...

This song just came up and all I could think was this was the greatest song I've ever heard. Of course it is and all (at this moment). Strangely enough I was thinking about your blog - I think I have commented about how many incredible and somewhat obsure soul 45s were made between 65 and 69. And obviously there are just as many garage/psych 45s during the same time period. I started to wonder if country music had the same rich seem of 45s during that time - obviously there are the greats like George Jones, Merle Haggard, etc., but do you think that country music has the same incredible lost treasures? I know you like country music so what do you think?

Derek See said...

Nice observation...I think the peak period for country music would have been in the early to mid 50's. By the sixties, it just got too darn slick for my tastes, for the most part.