Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

FREDDY KING - NOW I'VE GOT A WOMAN


Absolutely sublime & cookin' r&b from this brilliant Texan-transported-to-Chicago guitarist and singer.

Freddy's family moved to Chicago in 1950 when Freddy was 16, and he spent many hours combing the blues clubs and hearing Muddy Waters, Little Walter, and all the other Chicago greats. He soaked it all in and when he began recording, laid out his own style which was very urban and took strong influences from the danceable r&b grooves which crossed over at a time when blues was waning in popularity.

from 1964...

FREDDY KING - NOW I'VE GOT A WOMAN


FREDDY KING - NOW I'VE GOT A WOMAN

6 comments:

phil daniels said...

i've been after this track for ages. i bet it was you that outbid me on ebay for it!

Derek See said...

Phil, I have probably been outbid on this record 15 times!!!!!

gary said...

Digging on this, Derek. Keep on rockin'.

G

little billy sunshine said...

absolutely beautiful.

HSB DaveB. said...

First time visiting. GREAT blog you've got here. I'll drop you in my roll. Keep the 45's coming!!!

Peace and SOUL,
Dave...
www.heavysoulbrutha.com

PS. The Freddy King is so NICE!!!

artnorm said...

I read your blog of June 20, 2009.

I wrote "Now I've Got a Woman" in 1963. Freddy recorded it in 1964 for Federal. The song has been covered by several artists ..the last one being John Mayall in 2007.
I've got several original 45's from the original pressing.

Art Dellerson