Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BOB SEGER & THE LAST HEARD - HEAVY MUSIC (pt 1)


It can still be hard to take for some people that there was a time when Bob Seger was downright amazing...His early Detroit singles are legendary and the stuff of wonder. I was DJ'ing the other night and played this song when a young hipster woman came over to me and asked "who is THIS???" When I told her who it was she didn't believe me at first, then looked down at the record and saw I wasn't lying.

What happened, Bob????

from 1967...

4 comments:

SIRLORDTHOMAS said...

I AGREE! WTF HAPPENED?

Anonymous said...

The Hideout must have just been the greatest place back in the day. Derek do you have The Enchantments' I'm In Love With Your Daughter, & The Avengers' Be A Caveman? I heard these tracks on honeymoon in Cal 7 years ago & can't find 'em on any format in the UK where I live, & I'm deperate to try get 'em somehow. They never seem to occur on ebay.

Stuart Shea said...

This is the best record he ever did, by a far piece.

Out In The Street said...

That same type of situation has happened for me with some of the songs on the Bob Seger System album. I mean compared to "Night Moves" and the Alf rockin' "Old Time Rock & Roll", it's hard to believe.