Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, November 7, 2008

MAMIE GALORE - IT AIN'T NECESSARY


After being brought to Chicago from the Mississippi Delta by Little Milton, Mamie was signed to St Lawrence records (an offshoot of Chicago giant Chess) and cut some really great sides. This was the one track that found some chart action for her, and its' a real gem.

from 1965...

MAMIE GALORE - IT AIN'T NECESSARY

2 comments:

Stuart Shea said...

This is one of the all-time great Chicago soul tracks. Thank you for posting it.

FlavorDav said...

Hey hey hey--if you want my love
You don't have to try and fool me
I'm willing to learn if you want to school me ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YgCVsLhbVs