Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

BARBARA LEWIS - SPEND A LITTLE TIME


Certain artists sound SO GOOD on a Sunday morning, and Ms Lewis is certainly a Sunday favorite around here. Not only do we get Barbara's lovely vocals, but that's the mighty DELLS on backing vocals. Now THAT is a match made in soul heaven.

from 1964...

4 comments:

Ravel said...

Nice tune, and a very clear sound. Does it really stops so abruptly?

wilfofhove said...

Just when I thought I'd heard the very best of the divine Ms. Lewis, up pops Derek with this wee beauty. Astonishing stuff. Thanks so much, Derek. It does end a tad suddenly but then, so does life sometimes. My Uncle Stan got run over by a milk float. He wasn't expecting that. All good things, Wilf Of Hove, UK

Ravel said...

It was a false alarm: it doesn't cut abruptly. However, a program I use on my computer to clean up the tune a bit DOES cut it short. Weird.
Thanks anyway for the great 45's you share here.

DirtyDave07 said...

Hi Derek,I just discovered your blog..THANKS!..Great tunes,I'll be visiting here often.